PRESS RELEASE (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE)
Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.2
Munich, Germany—April 2nd, 2009. Boinx Software is proud to announce the release, today, of BoinxTV 1.2, a free update to its live production software that turns a Mac into a TV studio.* With improved stability, performance and many new features, the free update is strongly recommended for all BoinxTV users. BoinxTV 1.2 features a new Screen Source to capture Skype or iChat conversations for video interviews. Version 1.2 also comes with a new widescreen template, “BTVNEWS,” to produce a professional looking news anchor show. Users will see enhancements in numerous areas—user interface refinements as well as chroma keying improvements, along with several new and enhanced layers. Boinx Software invites everyone interested in production software to a free live webinar: tune in on April 6, 2009 at 5pm UTC (5pm GMT, 1pm ETD, 10am PTD) at http://boinx.com/webinars to learn more about the new features of BoinxTV 1.2 first-hand.
“As BoinxTV is used more and more in real live situations, such as the streaming of the recent MacHeist Reveal Show or the recording of the MLD Family Conference, we get really valuable feedback on how to improve the handling of the application,” says Oliver Breidenbach, CEO of Boinx Software. “The team did a great job of implementing these improvements, which will now enable users to control the application much easier.”
“We are especially excited to provide users with new creative tools,” notes Florian Albrecht, head of engineering and product marketing for Boinx Software. “For example, the animated backdrops for lower thirds and other text elements now give the recording an even more professional look, and the Screen Source gives you access to more content.”New Screen Source
BoinxTV 1.2 adds a new Screen Source to grab arbitrary screen regions and use them as sources in any layer. This enables the user to capture Skype or iChat video conversations, screencasts, presentations, or any other opened document directly from the screen.New Template
A new template “BTVNEWS,” designed by Tim Sternsdorff, is also included. This widescreen template makes use of many of the new layer capabilities introduced in version 1.2. Combined with a green screen and a chroma keyed camera, the new template creates the set for a professional looking news anchor show.New Layers
BoinxTV version 1.2 ships with more than 50 layers that can be combined and customized to create a unique show design. Layers are responsible for rendering graphics and sound, and can be interactively controlled. Many layers come with improved functionality. BoinxTV 1.2 introduces several new layers and substantially improves existing ones:
- The new “Twitter” layer displays a configurable Twitter feed in real time.
- “News Crawl” now features a configurable transition, and more display options, including animated backgrounds.
- Several text layers, like “Static Text,” have gained the ability to display configurable backgrounds and drop shadows.
- The “Sidebar” layer can display its contents inside a shape defined by a mask and an overlay.
- “Computer Circuits” is 3D background layer featuring a rotating circuit board.
- The “Waving Flag” layer displays a waving flag (featuring G8 countries).
- “World Time” shows the world map with the pattern of day and night.
With BoinxTV 1.2 the user interface has been refined and improved. Jog Wheels, a new control element, make setting up numeric values more convenient. Images, movies, sound clips, and compositions, can be previewed via Quick Look directly in the Source Repository of BoinxTV. Hotkey shortcuts can be defined not only for layers but also for specific settings to trigger, e.g. multiple settings in different layers to synchronize multiple elements.Chroma Keying Improvements
The new “Auto” button in the filtered source setup window helps to create a good starting point for the chroma keying based on the scenario and lighting. With Image Masks, two regions can be defined for removing or retaining non-moving objects in the scene.
BoinxTV 1.2 provides built-in support for the new Turbo.264 HD from Elgato for trimming the recording and converting to various H.264 formats.About BoinxTV
BoinxTV is a revolutionary tool for creating Live to Disk, Live to Internet and Live to Stage video, jointly developed by Boinx Software and TheCodingMonkeys. Using BoinxTV you can create stunning studio shows, podcasts, sports events, concerts, interviews, sermons, lectures, seminars and more, using your Mac and multiple cameras. With its innovative user interface and its extensible architecture, BoinxTV makes it easy to create professional ‘TV style’ shows, minimizing post-production time.Availability and pricing
BoinxTV 1.2 is available immediately for download at boinx.com/download. A free demo license enables BoinxTV for 30 days. The single license of BoinxTV is available for $499 at the Boinx Kagi Store. The BoinxTV Sponsored Edition for $199 (single license) requires a credit for BoinxTV in every video created with BoinxTV. For education and volume licensing (multi‐seat) of BoinxTV, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* BoinxTV requires either an Intel-based Mac with discrete graphics from ATI or NVIDIA or the latest PowerMac G5 with a ATI graphics and a minimum of 2GB of RAM. Full system requirements and more information on BoinxTV can be found at boinx.com/boinxtvAbout TheCodingMonkeys
TheCodingMonkeys is a Macintosh software company based in Munich, Germany. It is determined to produce software that stands up to the Macintosh ease‐of‐use standard while solving complex problems. TheCodingMonkeys revolutionized real‐time text collaboration with the release of SubEthaEdit, winner of the “O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Award 2003” and the Apple Design Award “Best Mac OS X Student Product 2003.”About Boinx Software
Boinx Software Ltd. is located in Puchheim, near Munich, Germany. Boinx Software develops award winning software for the creative Mac user in animation, movie production and photography. Boinx iStopMotion is the leading solution for stop motion animation and time lapse capture and won the O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Award in 2003. Boinx FotoMagico, winner of two Apple Design Awards—“Best Mac OS X Leopard Graphics and Media Application Runner‐up 2008” and “Best Mac OS X User Experience Runner‐up 2006,” is a presentation tool for professional photographers. Boinx PhotoPresenter, winner of the Apple Design Award 2005 “Best Mac OS X Student Product,” is a quick slideshow tool with a variety of pre‐built templates. BoinxTV is a revolutionary live production software that turns any Mac into a TV studio. Boinx Mouseposé is the indispensable mouse pointer highlighting tool for everyone doing presentations, training or demos.
PR & Marketing
- May 29 iStopMotion for iPad 2.1 Updated with WebDAV Support and Push Notifications
- May 17 Turn Your Computer Screen Into a Movie Set With iStopMotion 3.1
- Apr 10 Clean Up Your Sandbox
- Mar 05 You Gotta See This! Version 3 Photo Collage App Creates Better Images, Now With Support for the iPhone 5
- Feb 22 Indulge in the Season of the Carnival and (Un-)Mask Your Creative Prowess
- Dec 19 iStopMotion for iPad 2 Is Here and You’re Going to Like the Sound of It
- Dec 14 FotoMagico 4.1: Free Update Keeps Track Of Your Media Assets
- Nov 02 MEDIA ALERT: iStopMotion for iPad 1.5 Makes Nice with the iPad mini
- Oct 10 Add a New Layer of Magic to Your Slideshows with FotoMagico 4
- Aug 22 iStopMotion 3 Launches With Support For Using iPhone as a Camera
- Aug 07 Sneak Peek: FotoMagico 4 Now in Public Beta
- Jun 14 Opening Night at the New iStopMotion for iPad 1.4 Theater
- Apr 10 iStopMotion for iPad 1.3 Updated to Sport Image Capturing Via Headset Control and More Language Localization
- Mar 15 iStopMotion for iPad 1.2 Optimized for the New iPad
- Mar 06 iStopMotion for iPad 1.1 Speeds Up Just in Time For Spring
- Jan 30 iStopMotion for iPad Wins Big at Macworld | iWorld 2012
- Dec 15 iStopMotion for iPad Makes Storytelling Magical
- Jun 21 Boinx iStopMotion Clicks Ahead to Version 2.8
- Jun 16 Fotomagico Makes Stylish Transition to Version 3.8
- Jun 08 Shake, Rattle and Roll With New BoinxTV 1.8 Release
- Mar 17 Middle School Students Turn Classroom Into TV Studio: Munich International School Goes Live with BoinxTV
- Mar 15 iPad 2 and You Gotta See This! Capture Life's Adventures
- Feb 28 PhotoPresenter Gets Social with Facebook Integration
- Feb 16 App Store Features You Gotta See This! 1.4
- Jan 27 Live from the Mac App Store... It's BoinxTV Home!
- Jan 19 Boinx Software Announces Mouseposé for the Mac App Store
- Jan 13 You Gotta See This! 1.2 Hits the iPhone App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces iStopMotion for the Mac App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces FotoMagico Home for the Mac App Store
- Dec 07 Boinx teams up with Nikolaus to help spread holiday cheer
- Nov 18 iStopMotion, meet Tilt Shift
- Oct 28 PhotoBox preps for its iPad debut: Capture the essence of your images for free
- Oct 27 "You Gotta See This!" rocks iPod touch 4th generation
- Oct 14 Boinx Engineers Roll Out FotoMagico 3.6: Creative Storytelling At It's Finest
- Aug 26 Photokina 2010 hits the airwaves with BoinxTV
- Aug 25 Boinx Software joins Apple App Store Volume Puchase Program
- Jul 23 Boinx Software Says: "You Gotta See This!"
- Jun 23 Boinx Software Goes to the Head of the Class
- Jun 07 FotoMagico 3.5 Makes a Leap to the Big Screen
- May 27 Boinx Software To Showcase Latest Creative Ingenuities For The Mac Platform At First Annual Boston SuperMeet
- Apr 13 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.2 Public Beta
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.1
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases PhotoPresenter 4
- Feb 11 Macworld goes BoinxTV
- Jan 05 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.5
- Nov 04 Boinx Software releases iStopMotion 2.1
- Sep 25 BoinxTV moves to Snow Leopard
- Sep 10 Boinx Software certiﬁes Matrox MXO and MXO2 with BoinxTV
- Aug 14 Boinx FxTiles ready for Apple Final Cut Pro 7
- Aug 05 Recording of iPhoneDevCamp live stream now available
- Jun 10 BoinxTV wins Apple Design Award 2009
- May 26 Boinx Software announces availability of FotoMagico Remote for iPhone & iPod touch
- May 14 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.3
- May 12 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3
- Apr 22 Boinx Software joins Noise Industries development partner program; releases FxTiles FxPack at NAB 2009
- Apr 02 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.2
- Mar 05 Boinx Software invites everyone to free Live-Webinars
- Dec 08 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.1
- Dec 01 Boinx Software releases Mouseposé 3.1
- Nov 11 Boinx Software introduces BoinxTV 1.0
- Oct 23 Boinx Software announces FotoMagico 2.6
- Sep 02 Boinx Software acquires PhotoPresenter
- Jul 28 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 2.5
- Jun 13 Boinx Software wins Apple Design Award for FotoMagico
- Jun 06 Boinx Software supports iMedia Browser
- Apr 01 FotoMagico 2.2: Your PDEE (Personal Digital Export Expert)
- Feb 28 Mouseposé 3: Three Wishes Granted.
- Oct 31 iStopMotion 2.1: Leopard Benefits
- Oct 16 iStopMotion 2.0: Stop Motion Animation, The Next Generation (Ready for Leopard)
- Aug 22 FotoMagico 2.1: Color, iPhoto '08, iPhone, Apple TV, Web
- May 18 Boinx FotoMagico 1.6: Like Dancing with your Photos
- May 08 Boinx FotoMagico 2: Storytelling for Photographers
- Apr 10 Media Alert: Boinx Software to show off new products at NAB 2007
- Jan 05 Boinx FotoMagico 2 Public Beta: Standalone Slideshows and Screensavers
- Nov 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.8: Slide Shows for Aperture Users
- Oct 16 Boinx iVeZeen 2.2 Universal
- Sep 27 Boinx Mouseposé 2.5: Highlight the Action
- Jul 11 Boinx Mouseposé 2: It speaks for itself
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7 - Apple Remote Fernsteuerung und GarageBand nutzen
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7: Work with Apple Remote and GarageBand
- Jun 01 Boinx iStopMotion 1.10. Take (Apple Remote) Control
- Apr 19 iStopMotion 1.9.2: RAW fun
- Jan 11 iStopMotion 1.9: Like Christmas in January
- Jan 10 FotoMagico 1.5: Good Transitions happen
- Dec 15 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8.4 now speaks French
- Dec 02 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Xmas Calendar Dashboard Widget
- Nov 23 Boinx iStopMotion bei Application Systems Heidelberg
- Oct 20 New iPod, new iMac, new Boinx iVeZeen 2.1: One for all, all for one.
- Oct 19 New iPod: Real good slideshows with FotoMagico 1.2.5
- Sep 02 Boinx Software Newsflash: Meet Hermann, the German Mac geek
- Jul 28 PR-Newsflash: FotoMagico 1.2.4 hatches despite summer heat
- Jun 01 Press Info: iStopMotion catches imagination of UK education market
- Apr 28 Boinx Software Apps fit for Tiger.
- Apr 26 Boinx Mouseposé 1.2 - Give Your Mouse The Place It Deserves
- Feb 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.2 - Your Slideshows will never be the same again, again
- Feb 01 Boinx Mouseposé 1.1 - Your Mouse gets more attention
- Jan 11 Boinx Mouseposé - Does your Mouse seek attention?
- Jan 10 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8 - Let the puppets talk.
- Oct 27 Boinx FotoMagico wins O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest
- Oct 01 Boinx FotoMagico - Your Slideshows will never be the same again!
- Sep 27 Boinx Untitled App no longer untitled
- Sep 24 Boinx iStopMotion growing up - Version 1.5 adds high res support
- Jun 24 Give Boinx Untitled App a proper name and win.
- Apr 22 Tape it if it moves: Boinx iVeZeen 2.0 - new name, new version
- Mar 11 iStopMotion 1.3 adds secret tricks and multilanguage support
- Mar 02 MiracleSight: Your Magical Mirror - The latest iSight Toy
- Feb 24 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Mouseposé 1.3 goes Universal
- Dec 18 Totally Control Your iSight, Dude! (with iRecordNow 1.1)
- Dec 16 Santa has a new ride and brings iStopMotion 1.2
- Dec 05 Boinx Software introduces Electronically Distributable Christmas Gift Certificate
- Oct 30 Boinx iRecordNow 1.0 turns iSight into a digital camcorder
- Oct 29 Boinx iStopMotion wins first place in O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest / Version 1.1 released
- Jun 19 Boinx iStopMotion 1.0 available
- Jun 06 Boinx iStopMotion V1.0 Preview Release/Special introductory price